The detailed, 84-page plan, which can be viewed HERE, is fairly technical. But scanning it and the renderings posted here (click the photos to view larger versions), you'll find features included in the design, such as:
- Improved road surface
- Open and shaded space (including many new trees)
- Better traffic signal phasing
- ADA compliance
- Improved and safer crosswalks
- Bike racks and lanes
- Improved amenities: ornamental lighting, new trash cans, new benches, etc.
- Wider sidewalks for outdoor dining and gathering places
- Improved parking options
- A new plaza in front of the East Branch library
Adding to neighborhood improvements, the new Harris Park should begin construction at the same time.