In the Fall of 2012, the Mayor and Superintendent created the Children and Youth Study Team. The Study Team is a group of representative stakeholders who are meeting to carry out data-informed discussions of school, municipal, and community issues affecting quality of life and opportunities for success for children and youth in Somerville. The Mayor and Superintendent's Office launched the group because of their belief that rigorous and thoughtful discussions among a diverse group will build consensus around shared goals and strategies of how to make Somerville a model location to raise a family.
- The Team will be meeting regularly, at least for one year.
- Team discussions will focus on an initial set of School and Municipal issues related to children and family well-being.
- Each discussion will be based on data compiled in advance of each meeting.
- Discussions will result in follow-up tasks that will be tracked closely.
- The Team will maintain a website and will regularly report out to stakeholders.
- Monthly meetings will be open to the public, but group members will have priority for participation. The Team will facilitate forums with the general public to share information and solicit feedback and/or use other methods to collect feedback.
MATERIALS FROM MEETINGS: Below are materials from meetings held to date. The next Study Team meeting will be held on Thursday, June 27th, with the location TBD.